After receiving all necessary technical information about the server/website, and after payment we develop an upgrade path for your Magento installation:
- You submit an upgrade request by support ticket, providing access details
- We connect to your server to prepare and download pre-upgrade backup file (alternatively, you can provide us a full backup of your Magento store)
- We restore the backup file on to our test servers to prepare a staging environment
- We develop and perform the upgrade of your store in the staging environment and solve any problems that occurred during upgrade
- When the upgrade path is developed and the staging instance is upgraded, we provide you a link to verify the upgraded store (i.e. https://your-store.simpleservers.co.uk), so you can login to the backend or frontend and check every aspect of upgraded version. Any extensions that does not work correctly or requires fixes are documented and quoted, upgraded to a newer version if available or disabled
- If you are satisfied with the upgraded version in the staging environment, we schedule with you the upgrade of the live store according to the upgrade path. Otherwise, we correct all issues in the staging environment and update our upgrade path accordingly
- We deploy upgrade path to live store (alternatively, we provide you backup file of upgraded store). Live store is switched into maintenance mode during database upgrade and it usually takes 30 minutes to complete it.
- We notify you about process completion and perform basic tests such as login, register, password reset, checkout, contact form tests.
If your store was compromised or infected with malware, please mention this to us.